Selling a home requires forethought...what can your client do to enhance the image of their home for the prospective buyer? One way is to do simple staging within the home. Some take extensive planning while others are fairly easy to do. Remember the objective is to make the prospect comfortable.
Here's a partial list for you to provide to your client.
- Towels, flowers and other items make this very important room "POP".
- Toilets clean and seats down. Trash receptacles out of sitght
- Counter tops free of "stuff". Only essential devices on counter (ie: coffee makers). Stove tops and oven clean of grease.
- Use flowers and scented candles (not too fragrant)
- declutter everywhere.
- lights (all) lights on
- Pets, Children out of sight
- Paint neutral colors on walls. Wild colors are a turn off for buyers.
- Remove personal pictures. The buyer is imagining THEM living in your home
- HWood floors: if you can, refinish. Clean carpets.
- Bed covers clean and wrinkle free. Personal items out. Fluff pillows.
- Closets manageable with clothes and shoes
- Remove children "stuff"
- Clean pools. use large towels over casual chairs.
REMEMBER: your prospective buyer is dreaming of living in THEIR home, if they view trash, clutter, personal items, or "smells" they will possibly be turned off.